Projects
Services
Government Bodies
Flag Wednesday, 19 January 2022
Minsk Overcast sky -4°C
All news
All news
President
22 November 2021, 17:58

Lukashenko: Migrants filed no requests to stay in Belarus

MINSK, 22 November (BelTA) – Belarus has not received requests for asylum from the migrants, Belarusian President Aleksandr Lukashenko said in an interview with BBC, BelTA has learned.

“We have not received a single request to stay in Belarus so far. If we get some, then in accordance with the law and very quickly, as opposed to you, we will process these requests,” Aleksandr Lukashenko said.

The head of state drew attention to the fact that refugees from the East come to Belarus (and do it legally) not to stay in the country. They want to leave for the countries of the European Union, primarily Germany, in order to reunite with their families. However, the West is silent about this.

“You have not asked why there are 400 children and 200 women among these refugees in the camp. There are pregnant women. Why did they risk taking their kids with them? Because they were going to meet up with their relatives” the president noted.

At the same time, Aleksandr Lukashenko dismissed fake information alleging that Belarusian border guards help refugees to cut through the barbed wire to cross the border with Poland. “Tell me where it happened, who did it, and give me the name of this soldier. But saying that some said this, someone called there, someone from a village said it ... Listen, it is not a serious conversation,” the head of state said.

Subscribe to us
Twitter
Recent news from Belarus