Projects
Government Bodies
Flag Thursday, 30 May 2024
All news
All news
Politics
14 October 2022, 11:41

Makei comments on his statement about counter-terrorist operation in Belarus

ASTANA, 14 October (BelTA) – While meeting with reporters on the sidelines of the CIS summit in Astana Belarusian Minister of Foreign Affairs Vladimir Makei commented on his statement about the counter-terrorist operation regime in Belarus that he made in the interview with the Izvestia newspaper, BelTA has learned.

"Yes, of course, I have seen how they took out this phrase out of the context and spun conspiracy theories overnight. There is no need to spread panic. The president gave an instruction, which was voiced publicly, to hold counter-terrorism activities. This is what it's all about. This is what the KGB chief and our other officials have repeatedly said this week," Vladimir Makei said.

A reminder, on 10 October Belarusian President Aleksandr Lukashenko held a meeting on the country's security matters. The president stated that a few days before the KGB had been instructed to carry out necessary counter-terrorist measures. “Today we are going to see how these instructions are fulfilled. Considering all these factors and the current situation in general, we need to develop plans how to fight back, including by military means. In this regard, we need to timely identify and localize threats and, if necessary, adequately respond to any military manifestations against Belarus,” the Belarusian leader said at the meeting.

Subscribe to us
Twitter
Recent news from Belarus