MINSK, 13 January (BelTA) – Belarusian Aryna Sabalenka has gone one spot down in the new ranking released by the Women's Tennis Association (WTA), BelTA learned.
A week ago, Aryna Sabalenka was 11th but now she has gone down to the 12th spot with a total of 2,940 points after the Shenzhen Open in China where she failed to defend her championship title. This week, the best Belarusian tennis player will compete in the Adelaide International in Australia where she will face Hsieh Su-wei from Chinese Taipei, who is currently No. 36, in the round of 16.
The former leader of the world rankings Belarusian Victoria Azarenka has also gone one spot down to 50th with a total of 1,115 points. Aliaksandra Sasnovich has dropped down by a drastic 30 spots and now goes 99th with 673 points total. Aliaksandra Sasnovich had a poor start at the Adelaide International losing to U.S. Danielle Rose. Belarusian Olga Govortsova remains 190th with 312 points. Vera Lapko currently has 131 points and is placed 360th in the world rankings.
WTA Top 10 for today:
1. Ashleigh Barty (Australia) – 7,547 points
2. Carolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) – 5,940
3. Naomi Osaka (Japan) – 5,496
4. Simona Halep (Romania) – 5,461
5. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) – 5,075
6. Bianca Andreescu (Canada) – 4,935
7. Belinda Bencic (Switzerland) – 4,605
8. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) – 4,436
9. Serena Williams (United States) – 4,215
10. Kiki Bertens (Netherlands) – 4,165.More about Sport