MINSK, 17 October (BelTA) - Arina Sobolenko of Belarus has moved up to the 76th position in the WTA rankings. This is the best achievement for the 19-year-old tennis player for today, BelTA has learned.
Arina Sobolenko was 102nd in the world prior to the Tianjin Open last week. The Belarusian claimed four victories on her way to the first WTA final where she was defeated by Maria Sharapova.
As for other Belarusian tennis players, Aleksandra Sasnovich is 100th, Vera Lapko – 167th, Victoria Azarenka – 204th.
The top ten players, according to the current WTA rankings, are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) – 6,175 points
2. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) – 6,135
3. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) – 5,605
4. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) – 5,465
5. Venus Williams (USA) – 4,642
6. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) – 4,540
7. Jelena Ostapenko (Latvia) – 4,510
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) – 3,950
9. Caroline Garcia (France) – 3,860
10. Johanna Konta (UK) – 3,795.
Egor Gerasimov holds the highest position (124th) among Belarusian tennis players in the ATP rankings. Max Mirnyi of Belarus holds the 50th position in the ATP doubles rankings.More about Sport