Mobile version
2019 Minsk European Games
Projects
Services
Government Bodies

Call to find solutions to unresolved integration issues in Belarus-Russia union

Politics 24.05.2019 | 13:50
Sergei Rumas and Dmitry Medvedev
Sergei Rumas and Dmitry Medvedev

MOSCOW, 24 May (BelTA) – Prime Minister of Belarus Sergei Rumas suggests finding ways to deal with unresolved matters of integration in the Union State of Belarus and Russia. The Belarusian head of government put forward the suggestion as he met with Prime Minister of Russia Dmitry Medvedev on 24 May, BelTA has learned.

Sergei Rumas said: “As we agreed in Yerevan, we've promptly received proposals from you on further integration within the framework of the Union State of Belarus and Russia. We've thoroughly worked out and also promptly submitted our own proposals to you. I think we will be able to discuss them today. Our views coincide by 70%. Today I would like to understand where we differ in the remaining 30% and what solutions are available.”

Dmitry Medvedev responded: “It seems to me it is an absolutely correct approach. I welcome it. Let's do it like that.”

Sergei Rumas also congratulated Dmitry Medvedev on the Russian team's victory over the U.S. team at the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Slovakia.

Print version
More about Politics
Latest news
All news
Weather
Minsk
Baranovichi
Bobruisk
Borisov
Brest
Warsaw
Vilnius
Vitebsk
Gomel
Grodno
Zhlobin
Kiev
Lida
Minsk
Mogilev
Mozyr
Moscow
Orsha
Polotsk
Riga
Saint Petersburg
Soligorsk
Soligorsk
Day +21..+23°C Sun and clouds
Night +17..+19°C Sun and clouds