The National Forum on Sustainable Development Goals is held in the President Hotel in Minsk on 24 January.
The goals of the event:
review the work in achieving the SDGs after adopting the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (2030 Agenda);
examine the current situation in sustainable development;
outline strategic, institutional and practical objectives for short-, medium- and long-term perspective.
adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015;
has five critical dimensions: people, prosperity, planet, partnership and peace;
includes 17 goals, 169 targets.
Sustainable Development Goals*:
1. No poverty
2. Zero hunger
3. Good health and well-being for people
4. Quality education
5. Gender equality
6. Clean water and sanitation
7. Affordable and clean energy
8. Decent work and economic growth
9. Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
10. Reducing inequalities
11. Sustainable cities and communities
12. Responsible consumption and production
13. Climate action
14. Life below water
15. Life on land
16. Peace, justice and strong institutions
17. Partnerships for the goals
* Each of the goals includes a number of indicators which must be achieved within 15 years.
Source: Belarus' Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the UN