COVID-19 is a virus strain that can cause an acute respiratory disease coupled with problems with the digestive system.
COVID-19 differs from other viruses in the following way:
- More people are susceptible to influenza and other acute respiratory infections than to COVID-19;
- COVID-19 is far deadlier than similar viruses;
- Unlike COVID-19, seasonal flue is impossible to contain.
diarrhea, headaches with nausea and fatigue, fever, dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, chest tightness, tachycardia.
Recommendations related to the COVID-19 outbreak:
- avoid close contact with people with ARI symptoms
- wash your hands with liquid soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- use alcohol-based hand cleansers
- wash your hands, especially before touching your month, nose or eyes, and also after touching hand rails, door handles
- cover mouth and nose with tissue when coughing or sneezing
- use face masks in public places, change them every two hours
- drink more liquids
- keep you room well-ventilated and humidified
Source: WHO, Belarus' Healthcare Ministry