Government Bodies
Flag Monday, 2 October 2023
Minsk Sun and clouds +11°C
All news
All news
14 April 2023, 10:43

Early spring planting in Belarus almost 40% complete

MINSK, 14 April (BelTA) - Early spring cereals and leguminous crops have been sown on 38.9% of the target area in Belarus, BelTA learned from the Belarusian Agriculture and Food Ministry.

As of 14 April, early spring crops (excluding maize, buckwheat and millet) were planted on the area of 252,900ha, or 38.9% of the plan. Progress in planting these crops reached 82.9% in Brest Oblast, 82.1% in Grodno Oblast, 38.3% in Gomel Oblast, 34.1% in Minsk Oblast, 12% in Mogilev Oblast, 2.95% in Vitebsk Oblast. Land for sowing early spring cereals and leguminous crops was tilled on an area of 355,600ha (54.7% of the target).

Spring colza has been planted on the area of 1,040ha, or 2.23% of the target, flax – on 6,140ha, or 13.1%, sugar beet – on 11,800ha, or 11.6%, potatoes – on 70ha, or 0.27%, maize (total) - on 1,670ha, or 0.15%. Grain maize has been planted on the area of 1,130ha, or 0.43% of the plan.

Early spring cereals and leguminous crops will occupy a total of 650,400 hectares this year. Grain maize will be planted on 265,300 hectares, potatoes – on 26,100 hectares, sugar beets – on 101,700 hectares. This year, agricultural organizations and farms must ensure the production of 8,877,000 tonnes of grain.

Subscribe to us
Recent news from Belarus