MINSK, 30 May (BelTA) – Belarus' Prime Minister Roman Golovchenko assessed the effectiveness of the implementation of government programs in 2021-2022 as he spoke at the meeting of the Presidium of the Council of Ministers on 30 May, BelTA has learned.
“Today we will take stock of the efforts to implement government programs that were running over the past two years. We will use the same lens to look at the fulfillment of government programs in the current year and in the future,” said Roman Golovchenko.
A total of 29 government programs are running in the current five-year period, and their efficiency will also be evaluated. “A total of Br255 billion was earmarked to finance them, of which a third was taken from the budget. We already see certain results. For example, as part of these programs, 8.6 million square meters of housing have been built, more than 50 educational and healthcare facilities have been commissioned, the energy intensity of GDP has shrunk by 5.1% over 2021,” the prime minister said.
“We assess the effectiveness of these programs using an understandable methodology; a special interdepartmental commission has been put together under the supervision of the Economy Ministry. According to the final report, 48% of government programs, or almost half of them, are classified as highly efficient and efficient, the efficiency of the remaining 52% of the programs is assessed as moderate,” the head of government said.
At the meeting on 30 May the Presidium of the Council of Ministers will assign tasks to industries and regions related to the implementation of government programs in the five-year period.