Tehran, 13 November (BelTA - IRNA) - Latest reports coming from quake-stricken areas in western Iran said that the number of casualties by the 7.3-magnitude earthquake raised to 328 dead and 3,950 injured.
Iranian authorities rushed to the quake-hit regions in western areas immediately after the devastating quake rocked Iran's western provinces near the country's borders with Iraq.
Many western, north and south western provinces in Iran were affected by the earthquake while it has also hit some areas in Iraq.
'The death toll and casualties are increasing,' Deputy Health Minister Qasem Jan Babaie told the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) earlier on Monday.
President Hassan Rouhani is to visit the quake-stricken areas later on Monday while Interior Minister Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli, heading a delegation, left for quake-hit province of Kermanshah on Monday morning upon an order by President Rouhani.More about Society