The Memorial to the Victims of the Nazi Aggression in Rossony reopened after renovations on 22 June, the Memorial Day for the Great Patriotic War victims.
The memorial was built in 1965 on the burial place of more than 2,500 Soviet soldiers and partisans on the initiative of Piotr Masherov, the First Secretary of the Communist Party of BSSR. Eight members of the Rossony underground group executed by the Nazis on 16 September 1942, including the mother of Piotr Masherov - Daria Petrovna, were buried here. The memorial is on the state list of historical and cultural values of the Republic of Belarus. The event was attended by Vitebsk Oblast Governor Nikolai Sherstnev, Chairman of the Vitebsk Regional Council of Deputies Vladimir Terentyev and other officials.
Photo by Alexander PetrovMore photo stories